Dealers can issue a replacement secure paper MV-50 when they need to make a correction to a transfer that has been Processed by DMV, or if they need to replace a lost/missing secure paper MV-50.
You can issue a replacement secure paper MV-50 and then account for it in VERIFI.
1. Click on Book Inventory
2. Click on the book from which you issued the replacement secure paper MV-50, book status must be In Use or Available
3. Click on the book and click on "Process Replacement MV-50" from the top of the screen
4. Enter the required information into the form, including - the reason for using the replacement form, the date the replacement secure paper MV-50 was issued,the replacement form number, type of transfer (eMV-50 or MV-50, please note that only secure paper MV-50s can be issued as replacements) and the form number/transaction number for an eMV-50 being replaced.
5. Click the Attestation and then click Submit. You will be charged $1.93 for the replacement.
6. If you need to make corrections, click the "Correct" button next to the form. You will be charged $1.93 for every correction.
Please note: you cannot replace a replacement MV-50. VERIFI will NOT allow multiple replacements, so once an eMV-50 or a secure paper MV-50 has been replaced, it cannot be replaced using another secure paper MV-50.