DMV/VERIFI Tip of the Week, #65
Unlogged Secure Paper MV50s Report Tips
The information that is contained in the “Unlogged Secure Paper MV50s” report accessible to each dealer includes forms that may or may not need to be logged into VERIFI. Only the dealer has all the necessary records to determine which forms on the report have been used and need to be logged. This is because some MV50 books were issued to the dealer by DMV prior to the VERIFI go live date of 10/9/18 and are either still in the facility's possession, or were returned after 10/9/18 (aka “Bridge Books”).
The report also includes MV50s that have been issued to the dealer but not yet used to transfer a vehicle. Bottom line, if the form number is included in the “Unlogged Secure Paper MV50s” report and it was used to sell a vehicle on or after 10/9/18 it needs to be logged. The following bullets are being offered to help dealers work through their lists of unlogged forms effectively.
- Begin by running your Unlogged Secure Paper MV50s report for your facility from the “Facility Management” tab.
- Next you can sort the information by form number. Either oldest to newest or newest to oldest.
- After you sort the list in your preference you can begin the reconciliation process between the report on VERIFI and your required dealer facility records.
- If the form was used on 10/08/18, or prior, nothing needs to be done for that form. However, you may want to make a note with the form number and date it was issued for your own records.
- If the form was used on 10/09/18, or after, the form needs to be logged into VERIFI. (see QuickLog Tool FAQ here - https://verifiny.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020047931-Using-the-Quick-Log-Tool-for-Logging-secure-Paper-MV-50s)
- If the form has not yet been used, nothing needs to be done.
- NOTE: Any form listed on your report that has a book issued date of 10/09/18 and after, AND has any book return date, are forms that absolutely need to be accounted for in VERIFI.