DMV is aware that some dealers have used Quick Log as a work around for processing “unique” transactions. Acknowledging this need, DMV created the “Exceptions Log”. The Exceptions Log will be available on a single transaction basis and only activated after Help Desk intervention.
Activation of the Exceptions Log will allow you to process a transaction that stalls due to system limitations. You cannot use the Exception Log to account for old, unlogged secure paper MV-50s. The Help Desk will not provision Exception Log for this reason.
Situations where access to Exception Log is appropriate:
- No Registration Record found (see these first - https://verifiny.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018982411-I-get-Registration-errors-when-submitting-an-MV-50-eMV-50 and https://verifiny.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018247072-I-get-a-No-Registration-Record-Found-error-when-submitting-a-Transfer)
- Multiple Registration records found
- Duplicate VIN errors (the Help Desk will check the VIN to see if you qualify)
- Unable to issue new plates or a plate in the correct sequence (you cannot use Exception Log to account for old, unlogged plates and ITPs)
- Unable to log for a VIN due to a Transferable Registration issue
- Government plates (PSD type of plates) – No expiration dates
- Unique characters in fields like names that VERIFI/DMV systems reject
You may request access to the Exceptions Log by calling the Help Desk at 1 833 VERIFINY (1 833 837-4346). The agent will activate the Exception Log form for your facility for 48 hours.
The fields in the Exception Log will be the same fields that were available in the Quick Log with the addition of - Reason for using Exception Log. Users will be required to submit this information before the data can be accepted.
If the VIN/Vehicle is listed as Available in your Book of Registry, you will have to manually move the vehicle to Sold Inventory. You can do so by clicking on the 'Move to Sold Inventory' button from the vehicle details page.
Please use a Replacement MV-50 if you need to issue a new paper MV-50 to make corrections to a previously processed transfer, basically a replacement/corrected paper MV-50. See the FAQ here: https://verifiny.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032737831-How-do-I-issue-a-replacement-secure-paper-MV-50s-